Monday, October 3, 2011

October 3, 2011


Finally an update!

Well, it has been a whirlwind few weeks.  I cruised for a week to Grand Turks and the Bahamas where my brother got married.  Congratulations to Dalas and Dawn!  The wedding was absolutely gorgeous and the time to rest and get some sun finally was wonderful. In the week I was gone, Ken continued to make wonderful progress.  His Aunt came to stay with him and I think he needed the break from me as well.  I have to remember that taking time away from each other is good for both of us.  The weekend after returning from the cruise we moved from Silver Spring to Fort Washington. The condo is ground floor, with appropriate width doors and two bedrooms and two full baths. My wonderful mother stayed with me for the last two weeks to make sure I got moved and settled. I could not have done it without her!  I also want to the all the friends and family that came over and helped put things away. 

The great news is that Ken will be coming home on October 12th!  We are both very excited and I will spend the next week getting trained for his care at home.  He will need 24 hour care when he comes home for at least 8 weeks. The other blessing is that a family friend has agreed to move in with us for this time and provide the care so I can continue a normal work schedule.

I do have to admit that I am a little afraid about the future. Mostly because it is not something I can control. Isn't it good I can recognize this!  God has taken care of us this far and he will continue to so I am going to go with the flow.  Who knows why this happened to us but through it we have the opportunity to do everything differently. What I have learned is that things change so fast and you have to be flexible, adjust and grow.  The care of my husband is my number one priority and so everything else has to line up with that, work has to be next because it is what provides for his care. I am working on managing my work life better so that I can be there for my husband.  Thank God that my employer understands and is supportive but I have to be as present there as I am for Ken. Some days are harder than others but overall it is getting easier. 

Well, I pledge to continue to update every other day at least. If you see me falling behind, email me at Saltersmrs@aol.com.

Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment