Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Today is the big day! I am picking Ken up at 11:00 am to come home for good.  We are both very excited and I am a little nervous.  I want everything to be in order for him at home.  We did not get approved for the day program rehab at this time because his speech is not where it needs to be yet.  We will be focusing in on this at home so that he can be assessed again in about a month.  In the meantime he can do outpatient rehab for speech, OT and PT.  It will mean more traveling to various locations for appointments rather than having everything in one place.  He got a new brace for his ankle that doesn't fit so well in his regular shoes so I had to break down and buy the shoes with velcro closures.  All of the hospital staff recommended them but I have been resistant to the velcro.  They are not really cute but I suppose this is no time for vanity:)  I anticipate that the next few days will be busy as we readjust to life at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment